Taking center stage in the global commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, US President Joe Biden has made public his administration’s clear plans through The Biden Plan For A Clean Energy Revolution And Environmental Justice.
Some of the highlights of Biden’s plan include:
- Identifying barriers to help offset the upfront cost of building upgrades and put in place a national program to target a package of affordable energy efficiency retrofits in American homes. He will direct the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to make housing for low-income communities more efficient.
- Repair and accelerate the building code process and create a new funding mechanism for states and cities to adopt strict building codes and train builders and inspectors.
- Make a historic investment in energy and climate research and innovation, as well as clean and resilient infrastructure and communities.
- Ensuring that all U.S. government installations, buildings, and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready, harnessing the purchasing power and supply chains to drive innovation.
- Saving consumers money and reducing emissions through new, aggressive appliance and building-efficiency standards.
- Committing that every federal infrastructure investment should reduce climate pollution, and require any federal permitting decision to consider the effects of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.
While these are currently broad initiatives that have yet to be hashed out in detail, the clear desire to implement a wide range of sweeping emission-reduction measures paves the way for innovative technologies such as Zenova’s IP insulating paint. By applying Zenova IP both inside and outside of buildings, communities, businesses, and governments can easily comply with new emission standards while also reducing energy consumption and associated costs.